The past week was an interesting blend of success and failure. I had a rough idea of what I wanted to achieve and managed to do so most of the time. Making my health a priority was a mental struggle at first. Saturday night I had a breakthrough that will hopefully lead to results! This coming week is one of transition. Making small changes that will ease the strain of big changes to come.
I did something strange for me, and bought goal clothing. My husband’s parents sent me a birthday card (first one in 3 years!) with a little cash, so I picked up two tops and a pair of yoga/running leggings. When I got home and tried them on everything was a bit too snug for my taste, but I have a feeling that they will fit very soon. Normally I don’t buy or hold on to things that don’t fit, but these were cute and the goal is attainable. I like having something to look forward too.
1st Weigh In: 342lbs
Today’s Weigh In: 334.2
It’s not about the weight, but I like it! I’m sure the majority of the loss is water, but I feel better and can see a small change in my face and the way my scrubs fit.
- Made it to an early morning workout when I didn’t need to be up so early for work.
- Stuck to my guns about going to the gym when a more fun alternative was in front of me.
- Resisted late night snacking all nights but one.
Goal Check In:
- Reduce liquid calorie intake. – About 75% successful, I had Gatorade one day, and Coke on another, but for the most part stuck to water after my morning coffee.
- Eat smaller portion at dinner. – I only overate at dinner once.
- Follow workout schedule. – Ehh… this was about 50%. There were other issues at play this week which unfortunately got in the way of making it to every workout I penciled in.
- Continue to work on previous goals.
- Drink 64 ounces of water a day.
- Start counting and reducing carb intake to facilitate easier transition to keto.